When adding Play Steps, you can choose to update a Contact or Account Attribute as part of the Play. The option to update an Account or a Contact field corresponds with the play Target type that has been selected -- Account or Contact.
Select which field(s) you would like to update, and what the new value should be when the Play Step occurs. Use the "Add Field" button if you would like to add more than one attribute.
Note on field updates
- All Standard Fields will be available for selection from this list. If the account or contact is connected to a CRM we will follow the rules set by the editability setting of your standard fields. For example:
- If Total Contract Amount is mapped from your CRM, and set not to bidirectioanlly sync, then the field will not update for that account. The record will process with an error
- If Total Contract Amount is mapped from your CRM, and set is set to bidirectioanlly sync, then the field will update for that account.
- If the Account or Contact is not connected to your CRM, the field will update when you run when put through the play step.
- If the standard field is not mapped to the CRM at all, then the field will update when you run put the account/contact through the play step.
- Custom fields will be available for selection only if they are marked as "Editable by Play" in your custom field settings.