To leverage Slack to receive Alerts, use commands, and/or engage with the ChurnZero Chatbot, the first step is to authorize the ChurnZero App for Slack. In the admin space, go to Integrations > Slack.
- If this is your first time connecting Slack to ChurnZero, click the Install Slack Application button.
- If your company previously authorized Slack using a Slack API Token (found in Admin > Data), click the Reinstall Slack Application button.
- To reauthorize the app to gain access to new features, you must also go to Integrations > Slack and click Reinstall Slack Application. This will update the app and its permissions to the most recent settings.
Clicking either button will prompt you through the Slack OAuth process.
If you do not have permission to install applications for Slack, you will see a message prompting you to ask your Slack Admin to install the app:
If you do have permission to install apps for Slack, you'll be routed through the OAuth process. During these steps, Slack will require you to select a location to post messages. This step is an anchor, so you can choose a channel or the ChurnZero App to add here. Keep in mind, alerts go to the Slack channel you pick while setting up the alert, not to the channel or ChurnZero App you pick at this step.
Click the Allow button to complete the process. Please note, you will be logged out of ChurnZero after you click this button. Log back into ChurnZero using your usual method to ensure that you are properly authorized.
- Successful Authorization: When you navigate to Integrations > Slack you will still see a button for "Reinstall Slack App." This will remain available in case you need to refresh/update your authorization. If there is no error message, your authorization was successful!
- Unsuccessful Authorization: When you navigate to Integrations > Slack you will see an error message informing you the authorization was not successful.
What if I don't see "Slack" in Admin? If you do not see the Slack option under Integrations in the admin space, have your ChurnZero administrator check your permissions. To access this page you must have the "Admin - Slack" permission set to "All".
- Adding Your Member ID to Your ChurnZero User Profile
- ChurnZero Slack Chatbot - Granting and Removing User Access
- ChurnZero Slack Chatbot - Looking Up Accounts, Contacts and Segments
- ChurnZero Slack Chatbot - Customizing Key Details